Tuesday, November 23, 2010

God be With You Till We Meet Again

On Monday, November 15, 2010 I got home from visiting teaching and got a phone call informing me that my uncle Chris had passed away a few hours earlier.  He had been at work (driving city buses) and had collapsed at the wheel.  Luckily he wasn't driving, just preparing for his shift.  We are still waiting for the autopsy reports, but are pretty sure it was a heart attack.  He was 46 years old, and is survived by his wife and 3 kids-ages 11-18. 

Jeff and I left Thursday afternoon to make the drive to Utah for the viewing and funeral.  It was so good to be with family.  The funeral couldn't have been nicer. (I know that's a weird thing to say, but all the speakers and musical numbers were exceptional).
One thing that I love about LDS funerals is that they're so full of hope and happiness.  Yes, it's sad because we will miss the person who has gone on, but we know that we'll be with them again and that this earthly life is just temporary.  I am grateful to know that I will see Uncle Chris again and that he has gone onto a much better place.

I think whenever a loved one dies, it gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect.  I've been doing a lot of that this past week and I'm to the point where I can honestly say it makes me happy and grateful to know I have so many people watching over me from beyond the veil.  Not to sound heartless, because I do miss them, but I know that Heavenly Father has a greater mission for them and that death is a part of His plan.  So to Aunt Char, Uncle Erick, cousin Cassandra, Uncle Larry, Grandma Willis, Uncle Willie, Grandpa Malcolm, Uncle Chris, and all my other family members and friends who have gone on before me I say thank you.  Thank you for the lives you lived and the memories you shared.  Thank you for strengthening my testimony of our Heavenly Father's plan.  Thank you for being my guardian angels.  I love you and look forward to the day that I will get to be reunited with you again!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,

    Very well said! I am glad I got to see you and finally meet Jeff even though I wish the circumstances could have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Great post. It's sad for us because we miss them and the time goes slowly without them but they are in such a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete