Happy 2011!!!
Tis the season for New Year resolutions. I've never really been into the whole resolution thing because usually I make some big, lofty goal that lasts maybe a week and then I'm back to my same old self. However, I still feel like a new year is an opportunity to make some changes. I decided this year instead of making a big goal I'm going to go back to the mission days of setting weekly and daily goals. I've been in a bit of a rut lately, and it's time to get some motivation to be more productive. It has been hard being unemployed and not in school because I have so much time on my hands, and honestly haven't used it very productively. So that is about to change. Starting today, I'm going to plan out my week with some goals that I will complete this week. Each Monday I will evaluate how well I did at meeting those goals and set some new ones. The reason I am posting this here is so that it is in writing and hopefully someone besides myself will read this giving me someone to be accountable to. Each goal will be above and beyond something that I already do regularly, so I can hopefully create some good habits for myself. So here are the categories and examples of things I'm going to be working on each week:
- Spiritual goal
- Read the Ensign
- Work on Family History
- Study a specific Gospel topic
- Service goal
- Visit people from my mission
- Write notes to people
- Volunteer when church service opportunities come up
- Physical goal
- Exercise a designated amount of time
- 5 a day
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Sleep no more than 8 hours a night
- Cleaning/Organizing goal
- Pretty straightforward......lots to be done around the house
- Yardwork
- Develop a talent goal
- Learn a new song on the piano
- Make a craft
You go girl. You can do it. Feel the difference. I am in the same boat as you. I want to change my daily routine and goals and feel good all the time. We can do it together.
ReplyDeleteWay to go :) I am working on lots of the same things too.
ReplyDelete