It's still hard for me to believe that Christmas is really over. It seems like we spend so much time getting ready and then just like that it's all over. We had a fun Christmas though. My parents and brother and sister came and visited the week before, so we did a mini celebration with them a week early.
We had Christmas Eve dinner at our house. We were expecting a few people who didn't end up coming, so we had tons of leftover food. I won't complain though because I love leftovers. We did ham, potato salad, rolls, and various appetizers. Jeff's parents and grandma came and we had an enjoyable evening together.
Christmas day we spent with just the two of us. Jeff got me way too much for Christmas, but I appreciate all he does for me. We had dinner at his parent's house and then went to his grandma's for dessert.
I love Christmas because of the chance it gives me to reflect on the Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Him and His willingness to give up his life for me. I feel blessed to have a relationship with Him and love the gospel of Jesus Christ! We have a saying hanging on the wall that says: "The magic of Christmas is not in the presents, but in His presence." I know Christmas is over, but I hope we can all keep the Savior's presence with us throughout the upcoming year!

No comments:
Post a Comment