Last night I was in bed trying to fall asleep, but I was so focused on all that was NOT going right and how unfair life seems to be right now, that needless to say I couldn't fall asleep. Suddenly the song from the movie White Christmas popped into my head. If you haven't seen this movie, you totally should. Anyway, the words go something like this. "When you're worried and you can't sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep, and you'll fall asleep counting your blessings."
Suddenly the realization hit me; I have been so busy the past few weeks thinking of only the things that weren't right and the trials that I'm going through, that I had forgotten to be counting my blessings. As soon as I started thinking of all the blessings I have, my attitude changed. I truly am blessed and I feel bad for being ungrateful. When I thought of how blessed I am then I started thinking of people that I know who are going through more difficult trials and it made me realize that I'd take my trials and obstacles over theirs any day.
So now my goal is to count my blessings instead of sheep. And when the so-called "sheep" come into my head, I'm going to replace them with the blessings that I do have instead of focusing on what I don't have. I know that all things come in the Lord's time and that life is a test, which I definitely want to pass.
I'm going to use this blog as a way to count my blessings, so from now on I am going to try to update my blog a lot more frequently, and let you all know what I am grateful for. I have seen similar things on other people's blogs, but for the next 100 days my goal is to find at least one blessing each day and post it on here. I extend the challenge to any of you who might want to participate too.
No comments:
Post a Comment