I just realized that I haven't updated this in 3 weeks. I don't know where the time goes, because I feel like I just barely updated it. I guess part of the reason I haven't posted anything is that life is pretty uneventful right now, so I don't have a whole lot to post.
Lately I have been thinking a lot about how life is never predictable. From the time I was younger I always had in mind exactly how my life was going to go. I knew I'd graduate from high school, go to college at Utah State, graduate, get a great job, get married, be married for a year or so, start having kids, and live happily ever after.
Obviously things didn't go as planned when I could no longer ignore the promptings to go on a mission. However, I was able to rework my plan to insert the mission in between college and then finish college after the mission and then pick up right where I had left off on my 'plan'.
Once again things didn't go as planned when I came home from my mission and started dating Jeff shortly after. I tried to resist as marriage didn't exactly fit into my plans, but it was meant to be. I got married with one semester left of school in Utah with Jeff working in California. It wasn't easy, but we made it work with me traveling back and forth every week.
By this point I realized (yes I'm a slow learner) that if there was one thing in life that was certain it was that I couldn't predict where life was going to take me. I never dreamed that I'd move back to Southern California after serving there as a missionary. I never could have guessed how difficult finding a job would be even with a college degree.
I was feeling really sorry for myself the other day because things aren't happening the way I want them to be right now. Then I came across this clip, which was definitely the reminder I needed. I just need to trust the Lord and realize that He knows what I need and in what time frame more than I know. It's time for me to just let things be and have more faith. Life truly is good and I know it's only going to get better from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment