I know it has been far too long since I have updated this blog. I have had a serious lack of motivation when it comes to blogging. I enjoy reading other people's blogs, but for some reason I haven't felt like updating my own. I will try to change that and do better, but I can't make any promises.
Since I last updated (last June) a lot has happened. A lot of things that I want to remember, and a lot of things that I'd rather forget, but probably won't be able to. Here's a brief synopsis of what I've been up to since June. No pictures right now, but maybe I will add pictures later. Anyway, here goes:
July: We took our annual family vacation to Lake Tahoe with my mom's side of the family. On our way home we kidnapped my sister Emily and stopped and camped for a couple of days in Yosemite. None of us had ever been and it was beautiful. Emily stayed with us for a week or so and we partied it up at Disneyland, watching chick flicks, and all kinds of fun things.
August-October: Nothing too noteworthy that I can think of right now.
November: Jeff had to go to Las Vegas for work, so I tagged along as sort of an early anniversary celebration. He was in meetings all day for the week, so I did lots of shopping, exploring, and relaxing in the hotel room. The evenings we tried new restaurants, went to the temple, and explored Vegas. Although Las Vegas isn't our top vacation destination, we still had a great time. We ended the week, by heading North to St. George where we stayed with my sister Mandy and brother-in-law Andy and went and saw Zion National Park. It was pretty in the Fall, and we will definitely be back!
While in Las Vegas I was called and offered a job at the new Deseret Book store they were getting ready to open about 15 miles from my house. I started training the next week, and have been working there ever since. The church is starting to combine the Distribution Centers with Deseret Book stores, so I actually work in the Distribution Center side. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect job. Doesn't pay the greatest, but the work environment makes up for that for sure.
December: Deseret Book opened on Dec. 8 and I spent most of that time working. It's crazy how busy it was when we first opened.
I turned 26 on December 11. Then 2 weeks later we made a quick trip to Utah for Christmas. It was the first time that the entire Niederhauser family had been together since our wedding, so it was fun to get together with my crazy family. Just wish it could have lasted longer. We were spoiled with lots of nice presents.
January-Now: Pretty much life has been crazy. This year hasn't come without trials, but we've also been blessed in countless ways. They say God doesn't give us any trials we can't handle, and sometimes I wish He didn't have so much trust in me. :) However, I am a firm believer that not only does he not give us any trials we can't handle, He also makes it possible for us to handle our trials and He's with us every step of the way. I've seen so many of the Lord's tender mercies lately, for which I am truly grateful.
Jeff also switched departments at work, which has been a huge blessing. His management and schedule are so much better now. I'm still staying busy working too, and have been working more hours lately which is also a blessing.
Anyway, that pretty much sums up my life since I last blogged. For those of you that are still out there and actually reading this blog, you can see that you really haven't missed out on too much; but I will sure try to blog more than once a year.
Hey it's cool to update every now and then. U didn't know you work at. Desert book. U will have to come by and visit.
ReplyDelete